I’m not going to waste much time with an intro. I just want to say as a digital learning specialist and educator by nature, I am here to help any educators that may need assistance during this time of unprecedented realities. As my friend Ann Kozma as taught me, we are always #BETTERTOGETHER!
I’ve compiled a list of resources I have personally vetted from educators/private groups that I know and trust. I will update it as often as possible as new resources become available!
Catch Sunday’s Recorded Periscope with Gabriel, Jacob and Tisha here: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMJgQnBPdMKL
List of Resources
List of Free Wifi
• Organize Your Study Space: 9 Tips to Make Your Environment Perfect for Studying
Example Daily Schedules
• Khan Academy schedules for closures (K-2, 3-5, 6-9, 10-12)
• Google Distance Learning Strategies Part 1 – Register to join on March 17 @ 5 pm CST
•Monday Morning Meetings with Katherine McKnight (March 16 @ 8 am CST)
• List of Education Companies (updated link as of 3/14) offerings FREE subscriptions
• Teaching Online Resources from UNC Charlotte – including best online learning practices
• Tips for Educators moving courses online
• Zoom for Educators (takes 24 hours to take effect!)
• Unplugged Lit/Reading Activities for students without digital access
• Wakelet’s Collection of Distance Learning Resources from educators by educators
• Buncee Resources 👇🏼
- Free access to Buncee Classroom accounts throughout the period of their closure, in order to help students communicate, collaborate and learn remotely.
- A kit of resources that can help facilitate remote learning with EdTech tools such as Buncee, Microsoft Teams and Immersive Reader, Google Classroom, Wakelet, and Flipgrid.
• Flipgrid Community Resources 👇🏼
- As a central resource, we created this Remote Learning with Flipgrid page. The post is filled with ideas and support for increasing student agency and ensuring that the magic of social learning thrives… anywhere. Please check it out and share with any peers!
- Explore the new Learning from Home Disco Library Playlist for ready-to-use Topics.
- Add your name to the inspiring community of educators willing to help and share remote learning ideas.
- Share this Family Learning post with parents or guardians looking to engage their child at home.
• Facebook Group: Educator Temporary School Closure for Online Learning (has links for subgroups: English, Science, SEL, Music, Theater, Special Needs, GT, After School Organizations, Math, Languages, Art)
• Helping Families Cope – student behaviors and actions may escalate as they adjust to this disruption